Madison Highland Prep adheres to the following policies for all student/athletes.
- Student/athletes must not be 19 years old before September 1st of their senior year.
- Student/athletes must maintain a 2.00 grade point average with no grades below a “C” level.
- Student/athletes must submit the following:
- Athletics Participation Packet
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation form
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Insurance Card
- Participation Fee
The Student/Athlete Commitment
- Attendance at all meetings, practices, and games is required. Special circumstances “release time” should be truly special and communicated by the student/athlete and parent to the coach at least 48 hours in advance.
- Academic and behavior expectations take priority over athletic participation. Students must meet such expectations prior to participation in meetings, practices, and games. This includes attending after-school tutoring and serving after-school detention.
- Quitting is contrary to the Madison Highland Prep athletic philosophy. We believe the student/athlete who has been selected to a team had made a commitment to the school, teammates, and coaches. A student/athlete quitting a team after the tryout period will be prohibited from all new extra-curricular activities until the season of the sport is completed.
Student/athletes that do not fulfill these commitments will be subject to appropriate discipline from coaches and/or administration and will be ineligible for postseason recognition and awards.
Student/Athlete Code of Conduct
- To acknowledge that participation in athletics is a privilege that demands good sportsmanship.
- To demonstrate self-control and respect for others (including other coaches, other athletes, and spectators) at all times.
- To treat opponents with respect, shake hands after competitions, and congratulate their performance.
- To respect the integrity and accept the judgment of coaches, officials, and administrators.
- To acknowledge that behavior while in uniform is a reflection of you, your team, your school, and your community.
- To respect all athletic equipment (both school and opponents) and athletic facilities (both home and away).
- To perform in accordance with all rules set forth in the student code of conduct during practices and games.
Student/athletes that do not abide by athletic and/or school disciplinary codes will be suspended from athletic participation by coaches and/or administration and may not be eligible for postseason recognition and awards.