COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR RE-OPENING SCHOOL – CLICK HERE
Dashboard Details – Click here
October 16th, 2020 Dear Madison Highland Prep Families,
Today marks the end of our first week of Madison Highland Prep’s hybrid instructional program. It is a pleasure to report that MHP teachers and students transitioned smoothly and worked earnestly to follow our school’s Safety Mitigation Plan. It has been a joy having many of our students back at school, and seeing our students participate in sports and clubs.
Thus far, the City of Phoenix benchmarks continue to indicate that schools in our area may operate with a combination of in-person and distance learning (hybrid) instruction. Yet, we know that we cannot take anything about this pandemic for granted and so we will remain vigilant. MHP will continue to keep you updated on developments that affect our school. If there are any Covid-19 cases to report from our students, staff, and faculty you will be notified in a timely manner, and we will post the number of cases on our COVID Dashboard.
As mentioned in our October 2nd family communication, our school may have to return solely to distance learning at some point. This could occur if there is an outbreak at our school or a dramatic uptick in Covid-19 cases in our area. The Maricopa County Department of Public Health will make the determination if an outbreak has occurred at our school and will recommend closure if there are minimally two positive cases with onset dates within a 14-day period and if cases are epidemiologically linked. https://madisonhighlandprep.net/covid-dashboard/
Please remember the responsibility we all have to minimize possible exposure, promote safety, and help prevent school closure by ensuring that we:
- Wear a mask outside of our home.
- Wash our hands often.
- Maintain at least 6 ft. of distance outside of our home.
For those families who are participating in MHP’s distance-learning program, the City of Phoenix recently expanded their free community Wi-Fi locations to ensure that all students have access to the Internet. These locations also provide exterior Wi-Fi coverage so that students/community members can sit outside of participating facilities to connect their devices from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
To view the map of free Wi-Fi locations, please click on this link phoenix.gov/its/wireless-network.
Please continue to reach out for support and encouragement when you need it. MHP’s Administration and Staff are accessible to our families through email, social media updates, by telephone, and in person. MHP’s office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Kerry Clark, Ed.D
- Distance Learning Form
- Reopening Protocol
- Distance Learning Plan
- On-site Learning Support
- Infectious Disease Mitigation Plan
Letters from the Principal
- 10/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 10/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 09/09/2020 Letter form the Principal
- 08/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 06/19/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/18/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 The Arizona Department of Educations’ Guidance for Graduations
- 05/07/2020 Letter to the Seniors
- 05/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/06/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/31/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/30/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/26/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/12/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 02/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
Community Resources & Information